How to download iOS 10 Public Beta
Developers could try iOS 10 day after the official release. However, Apple just published the public beta of iOS 10 and here is how you can download iOS 10.
Archive an iOS Backup
It is really important to backup your iOS device before installing beta version of an operating system.
- If you do not have iTunes on your computer, go ahead and download it.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
- Option 1: if you want to save Health and Activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch, you’ll need to encrypt your backup: Select the box called Encrypt [device] backup and make a memorable password.
- Option 2: If you don’t need to save your Health and Activity data, you can make a backup that isn’t encrypted. Just click Back Up Now.
- Wait for the backup to finish. Then go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices on your computer.
- Control-click the backup you just made. Then choose Archive to save it. If you decide to go back to the current version of iOS, you’ll need this archived backup.
- Now, switch to your iOS device and follow the steps given below.
How to download iOS 10 Beta Profile
- Go to Apple Beta Program from the device that you wish to update to iOS 10.
- Click to “Sign in”
- Sign in with your Apple ID
- Select “iOS”
- Scroll down to “Get Started” section and enroll your device by clicking to the link given there.
- Download profile
How to activate iOS 10 Beta
- After downloading the iOS 10 Beta profile ( which is described above ), go the settings.
- Click on “General”.
- Click on “Software Update”
- You will see “download and install” button there. Click it.